Zentangle is...

The Zentangle® Method, created by Maria Thomas and Rick Roberts, is an easy to learn, fun and relaxing way to create beautiful images by drawing structured patterns.

Sunday, September 11, 2022

Right side up?

Zentangle teaches us that there is no up or down, no right side up. We turn our tiles as we work, and after we finish, to see them from different perspectives. This week, I heard a wonderful Rumi quote: "Try not to resist the changes that come your way. Instead, let life live through you. And do not worry that your life is turned upside down. How do you know that the side you are used to is better than the one to come?" In the same vein, I saw a Meister Eckhart quote that resonated with me: "Be willing to be a beginner every single morning."

I had a fruitful week.

Some tiles featured Lindy's Magicals and distress inks:





Some, including the above tile, responded to an Inchie Challenge from Mindful Art Studio:




And some, on the new translucen-Z tiles, were lessons from Project Pack 18:



Somehow, being willing to be a beginner, to question which side is up (especially on the translucent paper, where we draw on both sides), was powerfully liberating--although I did fall asleep at 8:30 every night!

Is there anything you can question this week? Do you begin every day in the newness that it offers?

PS: I also set up MailChimp to manage subscriptions to this blog. (You may have noticed the clunky gadget on the right!) If you notice any glitches or have any questions, please let me know and I'll do my best to respond.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments and suggestions!