Zentangle is...

The Zentangle® Method, created by Maria Thomas and Rick Roberts, is an easy to learn, fun and relaxing way to create beautiful images by drawing structured patterns.

Sunday, February 12, 2023

Happy Valentine's Day! (KISS!)

In my former life as a middle school French teacher, whenever I assigned the dreaded composition, I would say, "KISS! Keep it short and simple!" Somehow, that seemed to nip the write-and- Google translate problem in the bud! As February is the month of hearts and flowers and kisses, I've decided to use this advice in my blogs. I'll be focusing on heart patterns or tangles this month as well as what we call the "elegance of limits". Each week, I'll try to limit my tools to the traditional Zentangle white surface, black pen and gray graphite.

Here's what I have for this week:


"When two hearts meet, love blossoms."
Heart Linx pattern by Leslee Feiwus


Drawn on the back of the previous tile
Heart Linx pattern and ONS pattern by Curtis Wang


Heartsmeet pattern by Lynn Hensley
Gothic Tracery class by Eni Oken



This happened while I was on hold with customer service.
I left it aside to finish it, and started seeing some heart shapes this week.
Voila! (With an "accent grave" on that A!)

You are loved!

NB: Heads up: If you subscribe to this blog, THANK YOU! Next month, my subscription service is changing its policies. I see this as a time when we can all clean up those inboxes and declutter! Please let me know if you would like to continue, either in the comments or a quick email with "RENEW" in the subject line! If you would like to unsubscribe, no problem! Just reply with "UNSUBSCRIBE" in the subject line.










No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments and suggestions!