Zentangle is...

The Zentangle® Method, created by Maria Thomas and Rick Roberts, is an easy to learn, fun and relaxing way to create beautiful images by drawing structured patterns.

Monday, February 27, 2023

The 100 Day Project

Have you ever heard of the 100 Day Project?  It is a free global initiative begun in 2013 inviting folks to choose a creative project and do it for 100 days. It doesn't matter if your 100 days are consecutive; just do it for 100 days. This is a new endeavor for me, and, in my current "no expectations" mindset, I've embarked! My creative project is to complete 100 2-inch squares of art. (The 2-inch squares of paper in Zentangle are called "Bijou tiles".) 100 days of Bijou. I'm thinking that I will use limited tools for this as I re-explore simplicity and the elegance of limits. And how much can you put on a 2-inch square without it becoming totally overwhelmed?!?

I picked up some gray Bijou tiles for these, and a pink pen. (That was unintentional!) Here's what we have so far:


Drum roll, please.


Tangle (pattern): Appease, by Connie Green


"Kruller", by Jody Genovese
Drawn on the back of the previous tile


"Heart Blossom", by Beth Gaughan


"Waltzy", by Sue Schneider

5 down, 95 to go!

I hope that this inspires and motivates you to participate in this challenge. (Leave me a comment if you're ready to give it a go!) Don't overthink it. Your challenge can be brushing your teeth in 100 different ways! As always, just have fun!








No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments and suggestions!