Zentangle is...

The Zentangle® Method, created by Maria Thomas and Rick Roberts, is an easy to learn, fun and relaxing way to create beautiful images by drawing structured patterns.

Sunday, February 19, 2023

"Space: the final (?) frontier"

My home studio gets southern exposure and cat TV, aka, a large window where the neighborhood cat and I can sit and watch the birds, the sky, the trees and our natural world. We have a single-sized futon that we share that takes up a good bit of the room, leaving just enough space for a small drawing table and a small desk. I try to keep an open space for yoga, not too big, like me.

Thursday morning, I got my coffee, and as I tried to squeeze into my desk chair, I spilled the hot liquid all over the table and floor. This was my green light to look for a better solution, to make space! After a half-day of decluttering and moving things around, I was particularly pleased that I hadn't responded to this need by buying more stuff! I could work here. I could reflect, too, on space in other areas of my life--my use of time and energy, my head space, to name just two. 

I continued exploring heart patterns in my work this week. Here's what happened:


My Valentine for Lar


L'Amour pattern
Inkless drawing, or tecnica seca
Embossed cotton fiber paper and graphite


L'Amour pattern
The bottom corner is folded back to make a stand


Patterns: HeartBlossom and Calliewags

Although not a huge fan of heart patterns, of which there are well over 100, I enjoyed drawing these with minimal tools and a small surface. I think this was all a part of my "space studies" this week!

Where do you need to make space? Happy explorations!





No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments and suggestions!