Zentangle is...

The Zentangle® Method, created by Maria Thomas and Rick Roberts, is an easy to learn, fun and relaxing way to create beautiful images by drawing structured patterns.

Tuesday, March 14, 2023

The 100 Day Project (3): Color

The past week brought some growing pains on many levels. The 100 Day Project was not spared! I was excited to pull out some 2-inch colored tiles I had made using pigments and ink. After the previous weeks of black and gray with limited color, I was pumped to begin. Since I had enjoyed using the Glaze 3D pens on black last week, I decided to continue with them, only in color. I struggled, with smudges, with the colors being wrong, with patterns that didn't work with the large nibs and the thick ink. Sigh. No mistakes in Zentangle! Here they are:


Maybe some can be used for gift tags? I never throw any tiles away, so we'll just see what they turn into. I'm kind of thinking that somehow sewing them into a quilt pattern might be fun and different. I feel better already. Maybe I'm growing as an artist?

Do you ever have growing pains?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments and suggestions!