Zentangle is...

The Zentangle® Method, created by Maria Thomas and Rick Roberts, is an easy to learn, fun and relaxing way to create beautiful images by drawing structured patterns.

Friday, March 24, 2023

The 100 Day Project (4): Words to Remember

"Stuck" best describes how I've felt since the last post ten days ago. At the time, I mentioned I was experiencing some growing pains in multiple areas of my life. These have continued with less growth, more pain, and just an overall feeling of being stuck on so many levels. I missed two days of the 100 Day Project, and then thought, "What now?"

Luckily I receive a weekly email from the organizers of the project, to encourage reflection and growth. I decided to address their questions in today's post. I invite you all to consider them in your life, our major act of creativity.

  • What's giving you joy? Using a freestyle calligraphy, lots of white, border tangles and watercolors was fun for me. 
  • What is not giving you joy? Doing all of the above on a 2 x 2 inch square is tricky! I inevitably smudge something, or lose my grip on the small surface when I try not to smudge and then get a wobbly line or color where I didn't intend it. As I write this, I think that being more patient and letting things dry before moving on would solve the problem. But I intended for these small pieces to take 30 minutes tops.
  • What are you learning about yourself? I can be really impatient!! My fingers and hands are not always as nimble and steady as they once were.
  • What are you committing to this week? I would like to continue with words to remember, and use some organic tangles.
Here's what happened this week:


Day 21/100


Day 22/100


Day 23/100




Day 24/100


Day 25/100 A milestone!


Day 26/100


Day 27/100

I have started another project on a 10.5 in x 10.5 surface. I'm using blossom tangles, as inspired by the new Zentangle Project Pack 20. The videos are free if you're feeling stuck and need some ideas! Pictures coming soon...!












No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments and suggestions!