Zentangle is...

The Zentangle® Method, created by Maria Thomas and Rick Roberts, is an easy to learn, fun and relaxing way to create beautiful images by drawing structured patterns.

Sunday, March 5, 2023

The 100 Day Project (2): Black on Black

Happy March! My intention for this month is simplicity. "Simplicity is nature's default position," says Dr. Deepak Chopra. We've made it through the exciting energy of new resolutions and celebrations. For me, March is a time to hope for simple things: an emerging bud, longer days, greener grass, drenching rains that soften the soil so I can more easily weed and plant. 

For my 100 Days Project, which I wrote about last week, I finished February with the same color palette: gray tiles, pink ink, white charcoal and graphite. I liked the unity it gave to bring these tiny 2-inch pieces together. With the beginning of March, I was inspired by Stephanie Jennifer, Singapore CZT extraordinaire. She posted some black tiles drawn with black ink. I've done some black on black before, and was eager to do it again. I used a 3-D ink, Sakura Glaze pen, in black. 




First attempt


I rubbed some soapstone powder over the tile before drawing.


I tried to create textures to catch the light.


A tangle that has always challenged me, CanT, with this technique, seems more friendly!

I'm not sure how this will evolve over the next week. Black on black is fun, but a little rough on the eyes! The bold nib feels great, so I'll see what transpires tomorrow!

I hope you have a fun week, with light to make your black days shine!

PS: Just a gentle reminder that I am switching to another mail service on March 10. Please let me know if you would like to RENEW or UNSUBSCRIBE. Thanks!






No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments and suggestions!