Zentangle is...

The Zentangle® Method, created by Maria Thomas and Rick Roberts, is an easy to learn, fun and relaxing way to create beautiful images by drawing structured patterns.

Sunday, October 15, 2023

Looking for peace

This past week has flooded our screens with horrific images of violence. I have 5 friends who were impacted by the terrorist strikes in Israel, and feelings of helplessness have dominated my days. I am grateful for the helpers, who organize evacuations, food, medical care, shelter.

The week before the world changed I had the great joy of visits from cousins. What a respite family can be. The day before their visits, my in-laws moved to another state. The loss was somewhat softened by the cousins' visits, and by a FaceTime visit yesterday where we toured the new digs.

Here's a  group shot of my work from the past 2 weeks:


Difficulty focusing on creating led me to several video lessons: Botangle, on YouTube, featuring the acorn-like Annie Oakley; Printers' Marks lesson by Eni Oken; Into the Tangle, a CZT AE 2023* lesson by Susan Yeo; and my first "Junk Journal" lesson by Pink Monarch Prints. (I think I'm hooked.) I am grateful to all these skilled instructors for the respite and beautiful marks they offered me! Also, to Eni Oken, again for teaching me how to make the faux botanical print papers with leaves. 


I'll use this for my cards for Meals on Wheels clients.


Another faux botanical print paper


Into the Tangle class. I really wanted color, but stayed with the instructions for the tile...
Until ...


I went rogue!


My Junk Journal. It has a pumpkin/fall theme. I first thought I'd give it to a friend, but decided to use it myself and see what I think. (So many of my friends are serious journalers! This would be too small for them!) It has 20 pages and several pockets with tags that can also be used for writing and storing little souvenirs. I thought it would be a great travel journal. I also thought about giving it as a fidget purse for a friend with Alzheimers. Any suggestions?

May you find peace and joy in your art, in your family and friends.

If you know of anyone in Israel who is seeking to evacuate to the US, I highly recommend Save Our Allies. My neighbors work with them. They are highly responsive and effective. Their website: www.saveourallies.org.

*CZT AE 2023:  A master class for Certified Zentangle Teachers all over the world.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments and suggestions!