Zentangle is...

The Zentangle® Method, created by Maria Thomas and Rick Roberts, is an easy to learn, fun and relaxing way to create beautiful images by drawing structured patterns.

Sunday, October 1, 2023

My "September Song"

September has passed. Read that again!

As I reflected on the past month and planned for the new one, I saw how fulfilling and nourishing it was. A visit to my South Carolina family highlighted it all. My 64th birthday delighted me. Oral surgery slowed me down. Car issues kept me on my toes. My in-laws' imminent move to Tennessee reminded me of the constant nature of change. Keeping up with my art practice took second place most days, although I managed to pursue my study of botanical drawing through a lovely book Lar gifted me. All in all, a splendid month.

As I failed to post anything from week to week, I started to question my purpose for blogging. A friend and fellow blogger and I lamented together about the future of blogs. Were they still useful? My "mission" for this blog was to share my journey in joy. (The blogging process inspires me to make more art.) In my last post, I shared a crazy quilt of pictures from my journey: botanical drawings, collage, Zentangle pieces. Do readers want to see Zentangle art alone? If you have any thoughts on this, I'd love to hear from you.

In the meantime, my journey in joy goes on. I'll continue to share my creative process, drawing, tangling, collaging and whatever else pops up, as long as I find joy and fulfillment here. (I can't imagine how you will find it if I'm not!)

Botanical Drawings, from "Botanicals by Whimsy by Kelly" group on Facebook:





Medley Classes. This is a course offered by Whimsy by Kelly. We learn botanical drawing and combine it with Zentangle.



CZT Artifex Eruditio 2023. A masterclass for Certified Zentangle Teachers offered by 7F5R Studio in Singapore with teachers and students from the world over.



My stuff.




Stamping with leaves

I hope you found something to bring an instant of joy/bliss/ happiness and wish you well!
Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments and suggestions!