Zentangle is...

The Zentangle® Method, created by Maria Thomas and Rick Roberts, is an easy to learn, fun and relaxing way to create beautiful images by drawing structured patterns.

Thursday, April 25, 2024

Art Journal: 3D!

If you've been following the blog for a while, you have heard me mention CZT (Certified Zentangle Teacher) AE (Artifex Editio, or Master Class) 2023. This online class from 7F5R Studio in Singapore includes 27 classes from CZTs all over the world. Once purchased, it is available for 1 year. My year is about 2/3 up! So I've been working to move along through the curriculum, since I would hate to lose any of its great opportunities. 

This week, both classes involved 3D projects. The first, "12 Faces",  by Nina Dreher-Goddertz, resulted in a dodecahedron, from a single sheet of cardstock. (I used a lovely textured pink digital collage sheet,)


Step 1: Print the template. Cut, fold and crease.


Step 2: Draw. I used a Micron 05 in "brown", which is more of a maroon. I inked the edges with distress ink.



Step 3: Shade and highlight. I added color with a pastel pencil.
Step 4: Fold and glue. (No picture, since I had glue all over my fingers!)


Step 5: Appreciate!

My second project was "Graceful Grays", by Tomomi Galeano. I decided to go rogue a little on this one. The Kousa dogwood in my garden is in full bloom. This tree reminds me of Connecticut, where it grows profusely. They are not very common here in North Carolina, where the common dogwood with rounded petals grows wild, so I have spent some time every day admiring it. It became the inspiration for the floral "bouquet" in the center of my tile.



Step 1: Draw the centerpiece, using black and gray pens.


Steps 3 and 4: Tangle the border. Shade.


Step 5: Create a 3D blossom on vellum. Step 6: Cut it out and soak it in water for 1-2 minutes to make it curl up.


Step Seven: Apply it to the tile.

Definitely different this week!
Thanks for stopping by, and thanks to Nina Dreher-Goddertz and Tomomi Galeano for these wonderful classes!

























No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments and suggestions!