Zentangle is...

The Zentangle® Method, created by Maria Thomas and Rick Roberts, is an easy to learn, fun and relaxing way to create beautiful images by drawing structured patterns.

Saturday, April 13, 2024

Show your work!

In my former life as a middle school French teacher, I had colleagues in the math department who, to hear the kids talking, tortured their students with the phrase "Show your work!" In my days, we never had this demand. We got credit for giving the right answer, and didn't even have calculators to find it!

"Show your work" comes to mind this week. Making the art is not always the challenge, but sharing it is another matter. Technology doesn't frighten me. I would just rather do something else than sit at the computer or look at my socials. I just wanted to clarify this with you, reader(s). I know I could easily take pictures of the stuff I make and --click!--put it out there. And I undoubtedly should. But I'd rather just make it and then make something else.

All of this to say I'm sorry for being a few days late, and also not knowing any more what I did when. (Another teacher phrase: "Be sure you have your name and the date on your work." Oops.)

Anyway, here's what happened sometime!


Back to Basics. I like this better than anything I've done recently. Getting back to the meditation of Zentangle lines and patterns in black and white was really restful.


More Zentangle patterns. I love working with mixed media, but often try to cram in too much! I enjoyed the simplicity of this one.

Thanks for stopping in. As I try to find my balance between Zentangle art and junk journaling and mixed media and art journaling (and showing my work!), I appreciate your interest and patience. How do you go about sharing your work? Images only? Images with descriptions of your process? Everything that happens? Only finished work that showcases my best? Share my work?


No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments and suggestions!