Zentangle is...

The Zentangle® Method, created by Maria Thomas and Rick Roberts, is an easy to learn, fun and relaxing way to create beautiful images by drawing structured patterns.

Wednesday, April 3, 2024

Art Journal: Mixed Media

Last week I had the pleasure of attending the Weil Lecture on American Citizenship at UNC-Chapel Hill. This year Judy Woodruff, veteran journalist and news anchor with PBS News Hour, gave the lecture: America at a Crossroads. How do we heal our polarized country? Her speech definitely had an impact on my art journal, which filled up with reds and blues as I used torn pieces of a travel brochure left over from a recent trip to Memphis. (I was not trying to react to her depiction of our red/blue country.) I pulled her headshot out of the program, previously destined for the recycling bin.


It's different!
 

Spring has sprung in all its pollen-y glory. Rumor has it that we are experiencing the highest pollen counts here in North Carolina in 14 years, due to climate change. I'm allergic to pollen, and to cats. My two cats love to roll in the pollen before they come inside. I now swiffer them. (Is pollen sticky? There's something in the undercoat that is like hairspray! A pollen fixative?) I had to address my pollen anger this week, so here's my new mantra: No pollen, no flowers.



Handmade paper on the bottom with leaves and flowers in it
I wanted to photograph this outside, but, you know...

Happy transition season, wherever you are!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments and suggestions!