Zentangle is...

The Zentangle® Method, created by Maria Thomas and Rick Roberts, is an easy to learn, fun and relaxing way to create beautiful images by drawing structured patterns.

Friday, August 21, 2015

It's a String Thing #106: Where am I?

Thanks, Adele, for another challenging challenge!!! Although you wouldn't know it from my ridiculously simple results, I spent some time on it! I knew from past experience that Asian Fans were difficult for me, but Bud and Budlite looked easier. However, when I tried to use them, I was reminded of how I have issues with proprioception, defined by Wikipedia as the "sense of the relative position of neighboring parts of the body and strength of effort being employed in movement". Translated: Where am I? In yoga class, for example, I'm usually going the wrong way. When I tumble, in gymnastics, I don't know where I'll end up! The spirals in Bud and Budlite had the same effect!!! At one point, they had somehow just disappeared and I was drawing Pokeleaf! Whatever the process, I finally got to the point where I was happy with the product. And that's what matters, isn't it?



No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments and suggestions!