Zentangle is...

The Zentangle® Method, created by Maria Thomas and Rick Roberts, is an easy to learn, fun and relaxing way to create beautiful images by drawing structured patterns.

Sunday, September 10, 2017

Pourquoi pas?

This week, there was no Diva challenge. I am hoping that this is a sign that she is basking in the glory of back-to-school week....
Feeling like I was on a roll, after posting twice in the last two weeks(!), I'm sitting down at the computer to check in and share what's happening chez Sparrow. We have, unlike so many Americans, had the most beautiful weather, as summer fades to fall. On my morning rounds of "the fields", aka my small garden, I marveled at the ripe poke weed and decided to follow my inspiration.


Juicy beauty ensued.

In the late afternoon, my beloved Lar and I had a date in downtown Durham, one of the "hippest" towns in the country right now.


View from The Durham rooftop bar


Here we are looking proud to be so hip.

From my journal this week, it would seem that I've been slacking off. Never! I've spent lots of time preparing for a Zentangle for the Holidays class I'll be teaching next month. Petal envelopes, pillow boxes, dodecahedrons, oh my! I wouldn't want to spoil the excitement, so I'll be sharing those after the class! 


Blue black (Pigma Micron PN) is the new black


"Madama", a new tangle by Marguerite Samama, CZT


My tribute, in pokeweed berry juice, to Simone Menzel, CZT, with "MySwing" and "MySpin"

"There is holiness in color. It is the queen of art."
-Susan Vreeland, Lisette's List

What colors in nature show up in your art? Do you have any natural juice inks in your tool bag?

Thanks for checking in! Your comments motivate and inspire me. 

Have a wonder-full week!







No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments and suggestions!