Zentangle is...

The Zentangle® Method, created by Maria Thomas and Rick Roberts, is an easy to learn, fun and relaxing way to create beautiful images by drawing structured patterns.

Monday, September 18, 2017

Square squared: Diva Challenge #332

Monday? Already?
I've been out of town for a few days visiting my daughter and son-in-law in their new home. What a joy! They treated my royalty! Now I know why their city, Charlotte, North Carolina, is called "The Queen City"! I really appreciated spending time with them, as I know how busy they are.  I love exploring new places, and this was no different. I requested a special trip to see the city skyline at night / sunset. This was totally awesome, even if the photograph isn't!!


I had dutifully prepared my Diva tile last week, but then didn't get around to posting it. As you can see, I was still in my Poke Weed juice phase.


How many squares are there?

I made this card for my friend Mary Lou, an avid gardener who would love to rip my Poke Weed plants out of the ground! I thought this card my soften her up a bit:


"A weed is but an unloved flower."

Before going on my trip, I spent some time preparing for an upcoming class on diptychs. On the Mosaic app, I love the work of @midoriCZT. She had posted a diptych that was cut out and back lit.
Here's my exploration of that idea, with black paper, Moonlights, vellum and a votive.  I plan to try again.


Thanks for your visit! Have a happy week!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments and suggestions!