Zentangle is...

The Zentangle® Method, created by Maria Thomas and Rick Roberts, is an easy to learn, fun and relaxing way to create beautiful images by drawing structured patterns.

Sunday, February 4, 2018

Diva Challenge: Rumpus

"rumpus: a noisy disturbance; commotion. hubbub, uproar, furor, fracas"

I cannot think of a better word to describe what you get when you combine middle schoolers and a blue, blood super moon!!!  Luckily, Rumpus, the tangle, is, for me, at least, quite relaxing and lovely. A great challenge from the Diva, perfectly suited to my week of substitute teaching!  I confess that I did this tile this morning, with some resistance, created by my preoccupation with Sunday chores and heading back to work tomorrow. However, once I got started, I liked where we were going. It was an interesting study in backward design, a concept in education where you begin curriculum design by defining the desired outcome. But this is Zentangle, where we don't plan ahead. I drew the finished Rumpus first, then the stripped down one and finally the sketch, without planning a single stroke.
What a curious and fascinating method, this Zentangle!


I continue to do compassion meditation tiles for the kids I'm working with. I try to work the "lesson learned" from their "mistake" into their tile. Unfortunately, they tend to grab the finished tiles before I can take pictures of them!  Here's one with a favorite Michelle Obama quote:


And another monogram


Thanks, as always for stopping by. Have a rumpus-less week!



1 comment:

  1. Very nice explication of Rumpus and lovely tile but my absolute favorite is the original, wonderful monogram with the favorite quote of Michele Obama. Love it!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and suggestions!