Zentangle is...

The Zentangle® Method, created by Maria Thomas and Rick Roberts, is an easy to learn, fun and relaxing way to create beautiful images by drawing structured patterns.

Sunday, July 10, 2022

Due to increased call volume...

Do you enjoy talking on the phone? Have you ever thought of making it a career?

For 12 years, I taught English as a foreign language over the telephone. I thoroughly enjoyed getting to know my students, who were all adults with interesting jobs and lives. Their training with me was through their company, and those ran the gamut from agriculture to zoological research!

Once I moved back to the States and ended my work on the phone, I developed an aversion to talking on the phone, unless it was with family and friends. My ear said, "Enough!"

This week, I had to spend hours on the phone with customer service reps, or with their lovely recordings.
If you're like me, once you hear ,"Due to increased call volume..." you feel your shoulders tense, your blood pressure increase, and your body begin to go into fight mode! I decided I was going to find some joy in my wait time. I picked up a tile and started to draw. And by the time my service rep picked up the phone, I was relaxed and pleased with my use of the time. (So grateful for that speaker button!)

In my meditation this morning, the question asked, "Faced with a dreaded task, how can I create a space for some joy while I complete it?" Can you use the time for tangling?

Here are my tiles:







Wishing you joy while you wait for those customer service reps!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments and suggestions!