Zentangle is...

The Zentangle® Method, created by Maria Thomas and Rick Roberts, is an easy to learn, fun and relaxing way to create beautiful images by drawing structured patterns.

Sunday, July 24, 2022

Easter eggs in July?

It rained this week! In the midst of seemingly unending heat advisories and high humidity, the sky burst
open. On my walk in the cool forest the next day, new mushrooms surprised me at every bend!


Don't these look like Easter eggs?


Pink and orange and yellow beauty

As is often the case, my forest forays inspired my tangling. I made some backgrounds for my Meals on Wheels cards using Lindy's Gang magicals in pinks and yellow-oranges. I tangled these cards with a Sharpie, some Koi watercolor brush pens and an orange / silver Gelly Roll Shadow pen. Browsing through tanglepatterns.com, I tried to choose patterns that felt good to my hand and had a certain flow. I rediscovered some oldies but goodies, and discovered some new ones. I've finished about half of them so far. Going through the patterns in alphabetical order (with the 2021 e-book guide) was relaxing and fun. I rarely take time to do that. But there were so many tangles! It felt like wandering in the forest among all the new mushrooms! Surprises everywhere!



In my journal, I kept it pretty classic in black and white.


Patterns: Saturday and Hirari. 
I love the ruffled feel of these two together. 
They remind me of my Rose of Sharon bushes in bloom.


Pattern: The top was an attempt at ING with leaves.
It came together at the bottom, after I looked at the
step-out!


My pink and orange tiled were originally intended to
be seashell-like. But that changed when I tried it on the
2-inch square.


My string was drawn from the Art Raffle rap. 

What hidden surprises have you found on your path this week?




No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments and suggestions!