Zentangle is...

The Zentangle® Method, created by Maria Thomas and Rick Roberts, is an easy to learn, fun and relaxing way to create beautiful images by drawing structured patterns.

Sunday, May 7, 2023

#The 100 Day Project (6): Days 68-74

I'm 63. I have those "senior moments" where I may go into a room and forget why. I think many of you are in the same boat.

But this week, fraught with anxiety about the cat we are rescuing, I frequently had Tuesday and Thursday mixed up. I invited a friend to the cinema on Tuesday but said it was for Thursday. I went to my Thursday lab appointment on Tuesday. This incident was particularly vexing for me, because it involves getting up early and fasting, two of my least favorite things, especially since "fasting" means no coffee. But I dutifully drove to the lab in a neighboring town, pulled out my phone for online check-in, and saw that I was 2 days early. Aargh. Thursday, not Tuesday. No mistakes, right? Rather than getting worked up and chastising myself for yet another mix-up, I decided to treat myself, as I usually do after these lab appointments. I put in my order for my croissant and coffee at Panera. (I love Panera.) I found a table in the sun, pulled out my tile from my purse, and immediately found myself thinking, "Why am I here?" Not in the everyday way of "Why did I come in here?", but rather "What is this moment truly about?" The answer wasn't very complicated. Enjoy the moment. Enjoy the simple pleasures: sunshine, soft music, hot coffee, a buttery croissant. And after I left Panera, I continued to be aware of the pleasures, the little things of the day. And on Thursday, I repeated the same delightful Panera experience...after the lab appointment!



Distress ink background, Lindy's pigment swatches and sepia Micron PN

I have kept up my daily drawing for #The 100 Day Project this week. I've continued using stamps and collage as it is easier on my hand and wrist. You will notice that Day 72 is only stamps, on a prepared background. (Preparing backgrounds has been especially relaxing this week.) This was C-Day, when we took the cat to be neutered. The vet found a hernia that he mended. This has complicated the whole affair somewhat, but my beloved Lar,  aka Catmandu, has adapted valiantly.

I have a few comments on some of the tiles from the project.


Day 68
525,600 minutes in a year to love and be loved.
From "Rent"
One of my favorite songs, and tiles.


Days 73-74 and 74 bis

I bought this antique ink bottle and reconstituted the ink.  I painted the black tile with the ink, and drew my design with a Signa Uno pen, which, to my disappointment, remained white. So I tried a white tile, covered with the ink. The Signa Uno pen remained white, but the Gellyroll from Sakura let the blue come through. Yay! The upper right tile is on white paper. I used white distress ink on the stamps. The blue came through. Yay! This experiment made me happy, and reminded me that it's okay.


The whole bunch. (Comblee=brimming over with joy and gladness)

Wishing you moments that allow you to enjoy your humanity this week and always.














No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments and suggestions!